Quote Unquote Collective is looking for a Stage Manager for our upcoming production Now You See Her (six woman play set to Premiere in November 2018)
- Do you have: stage managing experience, exceptional organizational skills, a good understanding of technical aspects of theatre production, attention to detail and a sense of humour?
If you feel that you would love to join our team then please submit a CV and brief cover letter addressing why you'd like to be part of QUC to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews to follow.
This is a non-union position
You would need to be available to work in Toronto:
Jan 29- Feb 16th 2018 (40hrs/wk full-time)
3 weeks in July/Aug 2018, TBD (40hrs/wk full-time)
7 weeks Oct/Nov 2018, TBD (40hrs/wk full-time)
- compiling and operating prompt copy, which notes actors' moves and cues, and the requirements for props, lighting and sound;
- attending studio rehearsals;
- setting up and running rehearsal schedules on-site;
- running rehearsals on-site;
- calling the cues during the performances;
- running the backstage and onstage areas during performances;
- liaising with the director, choreographer, music director, project manager;
- calling actors for rehearsals and performances;
- inspecting props and costumes for maintenance and replacement purposes, as required;
- maintaining quality of show productions;
- liaising between artists and project manager;
- ensuring that all schedules are adhered to by artists and staff;
- ensuring that all artists are in good health to perform, or otherwise, ensure that they receive medical attention, as required;
- attend meetings with the project team and the artistic team;
- perform all other job related duties as requested
We look forward to hearing from you!