AUDITION NOTICE - Now You See Her
Quote Unquote Collective is launching into the first phase of development for our new play Now You See Her - an all-female rock opera. Six performer/musicians, working through music, movement and physical storytelling, will reveal the stories of three Canadian women, each at a different stage in her life. The show will premiere in the fall/winter of 2017.
Workshop auditions will be held in Toronto over the weekend of September 12-13th. Exact location TBD.
We are looking for a diverse cast of talented, dedicated, motivated women who are interested in embarking on a devising process spread over two years.
- Applicants should ideally have some background in physical/devised theatre
- Applicants must have some singing ability
- And/or highly skilled on an instrument
- Multi-instrumentalists are ideal
Note: This is not musical-theatre. You need not be a musical theatre actress or an opera singer, but a talented woman who understands music and is willing to take risks.
Specific roles we are casting for include (but are not limited to):
- Woman over the age of forty
- French Canadian (or bilingual) woman of colour (in her 30s)
- Woman of First Nations/Metis/Inuit heritage (in her 20s)
If you are interested in auditioning please submit a CV and attach a link to a sound or video clip of your musical skill (can be vocal or instrumental) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject heading “Now You See Her” and your name no later than September 4th.
*This is a non-union production